FTE Child & Youth Counsellor
1. Community college diploma or university degree in child and youth work
2. Experience in providing individual, group and parent counselling for families with children with complex emotional, behavioural and social needs
3. Will be required to have a membership in the OACYC or equivalent professional membership
4. Must have Red Cross First Aid, CPR ‘C’, AED and PMAB certification at the time of applying for this position.
5. Valid driver’s license, with adequate liability and own vehicle
6. Verbal and Written French fluency required
7. Sensitivity to school and community cultures is essential
8. Relevant work experience in education is an asset
1. Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment and in collaboration with community professionals.
2. Experience with behaviour regulation and coregulation techniques.
3. Demonstrated ability to engage families.
4. Demonstrated effective time management skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to utilize flexible and creative negotiation and problem solving skills.
6. Demonstrated skills at assessing level of risk prior to and during each in-home contact.
7. Demonstrated ability to carry multiple cases.
1. InterRai Screener+ training
2. TAPP-C Assessment Trained
3. ASIST certification
4. Fluent in a language other than English and French, including ASL
5. Motivational Interviewing Training
FTE Child & Youth Counsellor - Francophone School Community Intervention Partnership
SCIP is a program at Vanier Children’s Services rooted in a community partnership between Vanier and the French and English language school boards. This Child and Youth Counsellor will provide intake/assessment services, case management, individual and group intervention, and service coordination with elementary school students and parents referred to the program by the French Language School Boards in London and Middlesex.
Apply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to: Lesley Marriott, email@example.com, by November 29, 2019
We value diversity in our workplace, our clientele, and our communities. While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.