Foire virtuelle d'emploi - Registered Practical Nurse(s)
Under the general supervision of the Program Co-ordinator and day to day direction of a Registered Nurse.
1. Provide complete Resident health care as directed and outlined in Pioneer Manor procedures (e.g. hygiene, shaving, bathing, grooming, palliative care, etc.).
2. Prepare and administer prescribed medications, narcotics and keep an accurate record of same.
3. Assess, record and report any incidents or significant changes in Resident’s condition.
4. Receive emergency telephone and verbal orders from the physician and transcribe accordingly.
5. Prepare monthly medication order and process physician's order accurately.
6. Develop, revise and update Resident Care Plans with guidance from Registered Nurse, as required and implement interventions.
7. Serve food and snacks, verify special diets and feed Residents as required.
8. Assist Residents with activities to promote self-reliance and self-esteem for rehabilitation purposes.
9. Utilize the nursing process to observe and communicate information regarding the physical and emotional well-being of the Resident to the health team (e.g. activities, fluid intake/output, appetite, etc.).
10. Document pertinent information legibly, accurately and concisely, complete reports and files as necessary.
11. Ensure that mechanical equipment and supplies used for Resident care are properly maintained and used in a safe and effective manner.
12. Collaborate with and report to the Registered Nurse.
13. Provide guidance to non-registered staff.
14. Maintain communication and collaborate with all members of the health care team, Residents and Family.
15. Participate on committees as required.
16. Continue self-growth through professional development.
17. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Facility's Nursing Policies and Procedures Manual and the Corporate Manual.
18. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
19. Perform other related duties as required.
Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
Graduate of an approved school for Registered Practical Nurses.
Current certificate of competency as issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Successful completion of an approved Drug Administration course within the last five (5) years.
Six (6) months experience in the administration of medication.
Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal and written skills an asset.
Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 4:30 by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-007 **Revised) on your resume.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.