Building Ontario’s Francophone and Bilingual Economy
The Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) is the leader in the economic development of Ontario’s Francophone and bilingual communities. Our approach is to bring together all of our partner organizations and all of the economic players in these communities so that each of them can make their rightful contribution to the growth and prosperity of Ontario and of Canada as a whole.
At the centre of an innovative, dynamic provincial network, the SÉO plays a distinctive role by acting in multiple spheres to position French-speaking people and organizations as crucial engines of economic development.
The SÉO knows that every region of Ontario is unique and has its own particular needs. We therefore develop projects tailored to the specific characteristics, strengths and challenges of each region.
To do so, the SÉO makes available, throughout Ontario, the services of consultants who are experts in diagnosing business needs, developing businesses and business projects, and planning for selling businesses. Through our expertise we serve as a catalyst for economic development and help all of the actors in Ontario’s Francophone and bilingual communities work together effectively.
Developing Ontario’s regions
The SÉO is the acknowledged expert in helping Francophone newcomers find their place in Ontario’s economy. In this role, we also help to address labour shortages and enhance economic growth in all of the province’s regions by giving each of them the visibility it deserves.
By placing such high priority on regionalization, the SÉO builds ties among Francophone communities in Eastern, Central/Southwestern and Northern Ontario.
We thus develop and deliver our expertise throughout the province for the benefit of its Francophone and bilingual business communities.
- We are very proud of our partnership with the SÉO. We have acquired some talented profiles, in various fields of expertise. The SÉO is helping DHL to grow our business. Thank you! Company: DHLRabia MarkouToronto
- My husband and I benefitted from the SÉO’s services before and after we settled in Ottawa in July 2018.Jean-Charles TanzilliOttawa
- I want to thank you for your commitment to helping me as a job seeker. I especially appreciated your responsiveness and how quickly you gave me an appointment to come see you. The advice that you gave me at our meeting was very effective and highly profitable.Ashvin SobheeToronto
- We would like to congratulate the Société Économique de l’Ontario for having set up this program. Over 60% of our employees at Voilà Learning have been immigrants. Without the SÉO’s help, without this program, we wouldn’t still be here today.Hosni ZaoualiToronto
- The SÉO provided us with a space where we were able to build the start of our first network of French-speaking contacts in Toronto.KheireddineToronto
- I want to offer you our support for the community of newly arrived Francophone immigrants and for your mentoring program, which have enabled us to recruit highly talented people who have become invaluable assets for our growing company. Company : Hertz CanadaJaoued BourzikToronto
- Thanks to the SÉO’s guidance and its mentoring program, I was able to get my first real work experience in Canada as a bilingual immigrant and become familiar with how the Canadian job market works.Ali BahriToronto
- It’s not very often that you come in contact with a provincial network like the Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO). My husband and I have benefitted from the SÉO’s personalized guidance for over a year and a half.Colette SoretToronto
- The SÉO gave me invaluable support in entering the Canadian job market. They helped me format my CV and conduct my job search, as well as through their Mentoring program.TaiebToronto
- Through its various programs, the Société Économique de l’Ontario provides a real value-add for a knowledge of the economic market of the most dynamic province in Canada.David NantaToronto