Bilingual Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy for the Investment Readiness Project, building on strategies already developed.
- Manage all the social media for the project in order to maintain a strong media presence, including writing regular posts in French and English as well as posting to and managing social media accounts (twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), posting of project updates and industry updates, interacting with followers. Generate analytics reports and monitor social post performance on a regular basis.
- Build a bilingual website for the project.
- Maintain and then phase out the current website build with Word Press.
- Produce and manage project website content (bilingual). Regular updates and additions, announcements, posts, etc.
- Support the production of website content for promoting the project, including case studies and other promotional material. This includes formatting and production as well as some writing.
- Manage translations from English to French (translations outsourced to a translator).
- Design postcards, brochures, banners, business cards, document layout, graphic icons etc.
- Manage the production of several videos (or produce the videos yourself if able!).
- Produce a regular newsletter.
- Develop a communications package for project partners to use to promote the project.
- Market/ promote the project’s various webinars and other public activities/ events.
- Manage consultants as required (for translation of documents into French, possibly others).
- Edit webinar recordings and produce videos thereof for public consumption on the project website.
- Manage a glossary of social impact measurement definitions (curated from selected websites).
- Provide support (technical and other) for the project’s hosting of an on-going series of webinars. (Currently hosted via Zoom.)
- Provide technical support as able to the rest of the team as needed. (Support in deciding on appropriate digital platforms and software, etc. Support in setting up and using said platforms and software.)
- Provide input into the project’s Engagement Strategy.
- Host the Common Approach booth at conferences, workshops, etc. as required.
- A post-secondary degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or other related discipline, or equivalent experience. (Graduate degree an asset.)
- Bilingualism is required (French/English). Excellent writing skills in French and English; must be highly proficient in writing in both languages.
- Highly independent, as demonstrated in the CV and highlighted in the cover letter.
- Skills and ability in designing postcards, brochures, banners, etc. with appropriate software (Highly desirable asset.)
- Skills and ability to build websites. The position will include the building of a website for the project. (There is currently a website: https://carleton.ca/commonapproach/. A new website with its own domain will be built.) (Highly desirable asset.)
- Familiarity with various digital platforms such as Zoom, Trello, Asana, Monday, Slack, Google Suite, etc.
- Have knowledge and interest in Social Impact Measurement/ impact investing/ social enterprises/ the non-profit sector in Canada.
- Experience in social enterprise, the social economy or community economic development an asset.
- Experience in generating social media content. Ideally, experience managing social media for an initiative or organization.
- Can-do attitude! Problem-solver, pro-active, initiative-taker, roll-up your sleeves and make things happen.
- Take ownership of tasks and motivated to follow through to completion.
- Technical skills to support the rest of the team is an asset.
- Experience working with a large number of different stakeholders is an asset.
The Common Approach to Impact Measurement Project is part of a long-term vision of developing a flexible (non-rigid, meaningful) standard for social impact measurement in Canada. Why? So that social enterprises and social-purpose non-profit organizations can better illustrate their individual and collective impact and tell their story, and so that social impact investors can more easily identify these organizations to support the good work these organizations are doing to address complex social problems. For more information about the project, please go to: https://carleton.ca/commonapproach/.
Please send a cover letter explaining your relevant skills and experience, along with your CV to
Philippa Wiens, Project Manager at email@example.com by December 8th 2019 with
the subject heading: Bilingual Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis as they are submitted.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Common Approach to Impact Measurement project respects, appreciates and encourages diversity.
Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged. You must be legally allowed to work in Canada in
order to be eligible. Accommodations are available on request.