310T (Red Seal) Heavy Truck & Trailer Licensed Mechanics
- Ability to troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect defaults and malfunctions using computerized testing equipment
- Ability to test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Ensure work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Operation of hand tools and air tools
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Able to adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
- Positive work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
We are particularly interested in candidates who are going to come to Thunder Bay and integrate into our
community and call Thunder Bay their home.
- Licensed 310T (Red Seal) Heavy Truck & Trailer Mechanics
- 5 + years verifiable experience
- Possess a valid G license (car license)
- Tools required
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
Our family worked their way from a one truck operation, to one of the largest Canada/USA carriers in Northern Ontario.
The first office was in our family home, and today we have grown to six offices in Ontario. Head office remains in Thunder Bay, with added offices in Sault Ste Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay and Mississauga.
We are proud to announce the completion of our new state of the art terminal in Sudbury, which opened in November 2016. This expansion allows us the privilege to service a wider range of customers throughout the North.
The opening of our North Bay location in January of 2017, will enhance our northern service to customers along highway 11, and also become a direct link to further expand into the Quebec market.
Our modern fleet consists of 165 tractors, which include highway tractors, straights trucks and day cabs. Our trailer pool consist of approximately 450 trailers, offering temperature controlled (heaters and reefers), dry vans service, along with flat deck and step deck trailers.
We are a proud member of C-TPAT, PIP, FAST and SMARTWAY.
We have a competitive Pay and Benefit Package.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter along with your resume and letters of experience,
and copies of your licenses for review to:
www.mckevitt-trucking.com and submit a cover letter and resume.
Thank You All for your interest in McKevitt Trucking Limited